“Whatchya gonna do with all that junk? All that junk inside that trunk?” -The Black Eyed Peas
The items I will be loading into my trunk (and backseat) tomorrow morning indicate that this Spring Break is sure to be epically awesome.
- 2 tents
- 1 single-burner and 1 double-burner propane stove
- 1 Kelty Durango backcountry backpack
- 1 life jacket
- 1 sleeping bag and 1 deluxe thermal sleeping pad
- 1 canister of bear mace
- Travel-sized Bible
- 4 packs of Ramen, 2 boxes of Cliff bars, a pack of tortillas, a bag of shredded cheese, and celery. (Don’t worry, Michael and I still have shopping and combining to do- this food list is not totally indicative of what we’ll be eating.)
- 1 bottle of pre-mixed mudslide
- waterproof hiking boots, wool socks
- clothes ranging from long underwear and hiking pants to mini skirts and a swimsuit
- 1 laptop
- 1 bicycle
Who knew that a tiny 2-door hatchback could hold all that? Well, I guess I shouldn’t speak too soon. Tomorrow only knows if it will all fit. There’s other stuff on the list, but the above is a sampling of the things that have me especially eager to get going. I’m counting on a few days of rustic adventure backpacking in the Smoky Mountains with Michael followed by a few days of relaxing at home with family and friends. I’m giddy with glee. Hopefully my car won’t break down.